Polcar was established in 1986 by Mr. Andrzej Senkowski from a name proposed by his wife, Urszula.
We started our business in a tiny rented apartment in northern Warsaw. When customers did not pick up their parts on time, we stocked them in the bathroom, which was effectiveli the first Polcar warehouse.
As sales grew the following key persons joined the company:
Antoni Cudowski (in 1989), Grzegorz Leczycki (in 1991), Jarosław Stanczak (in 1991), Pawel Wisniewski (in 1995), Krzysztof Zielonka (in 1995), Edward Kaczuba (in 1996) and Waldemar Kotwica (in 1997). To this day they form the backbone of Polcar company development.
Our individual approach to clients combined with a dynamic demand for body parts lead to us opening a new office in Wejnerta Street. In 1996 we built our first warehouse with 4 000 m2 of storage area in Wolka Kosowska near Warsaw, which enabled us to import goods directly from factories instead of trading companies. From that point on our logistic center in Wolka Kosowska developed steadily, driven by the growth of both domestic and export sales.
- the beginning of the construction of the fourth warehouse increasing total storage area to 110 000 m2
- number of employees exceeds 400
- first automated storage system for small parts
- third warehouse increases total storage area to 61 000 m2
- first stand at "Automechanika" Frankfurt
- new visual identification
- second warehouse increases total storage area to 31 000 m2
- creation of Export Department, focusing on EU sales
- first warehouse with a storage area of 4 000 m2
- relocation to own headquarters in Warsaw
- headquarters located in a small rented flat in pre-1989 communist Poland
- complete offer of parts sold only upon order with delivery time exceeding 1 month